Saturday, December 26, 2015

Winter Break

I have completed the first semester of year 2 in DigiPen. There is 3 weeks break before Spring Semester (2016) begins. The next semester will be the most hectic semester as I will be taking 6 modules.

While creating the game in a team of 5, we experienced some communication issues as all of us have different working styles. The 3 of my team mates are very concerned about marks, whereas another team mate and I are more concerned about delivering a game which we are proud of. Despite our different sub goals, I believe that all of us has a common goal. That is, to create a successful game. No one in the team will want to do something which causes the game to fail.

After the end of the project, I was contemplating to change team as my team experienced a conflict and it is my first time experiencing a group conflict while creating a game. Changing group does not solve the problem, it is running away from the problem instead. A few days before Christmas, we met up with each other and expressed our concerns. By then, I have cooled off and decided to stay in this group and give it a second chance.